Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year and a Sad Good-bye

Scott, Ella, Hobbit and I send wishes for a new year full of positive changes. Looking back at 2008 can be disheartening, but we're not without hope. The people I've met on this blog have taught me that.

I'm sorry to say that this is the last entry for the blog. When I started this venture in January of this year, I thought it would be a casual thing; something I spent a few minutes every now and then on. Ha! It quickly developed into a creature that demanded feeding and it didn't want fluff. It wanted information that pointed out the good and bad happening in our little corner of the dog world. I found it difficult to ignore the blank pages for more than a couple days at a time. Unfortunately, other issues have demanded my time in the last few months, and I've scrambled to keep the blog afloat.

It's been a rewarding experience. I've heard so many inspiring stories and connected with animal lovers who encourage me to see the good in human kind. This blog has introduced me to a myriad of animal advocates and programs; from the individual who quietly rescues dogs and cats off the street, to outstanding operations like Best Friends Animal Society. Thank you for the supportive words, helpful links and suggestions for articles. A special thanks to the one person who responded to my post seeking contributing writers for this blog. I apologize to you for not responding back. I lost your email!

I'll leave the blog up for a couple months, so people can copy any links they might find helpful. Some of you know that I'm striving to become a children's book author and illustrator. In 2009, I plan to intensify my education towards that goal. I'm in the process of reconstructing my professional website to focus on this new path. When it's finished, it'll have a blog that will sometimes offer news of Hobbit and Ella. I'll post the website address on this blog before I shut it down. If you're interested in visiting the new site and you don't want to check back here for the address, email me and I'll contact you as soon as the site's up.


My writing will always feature animals, as my art has. The insight I've gained from doing this blog will surely be a part of my stories. Hobbit and Ella say a fond farewell, with a wag in their tails and a song in their hearts. They thank you for all that you do to benefit animalkind.