Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Percy The Politico

I was searching for something lighthearted to post, since there's an overwhelming amount of bad news about dogs these days and this blog is feeling heavy. I ran across a story on a BBC News site about Percy, a border collie mix who ran for Congress back in 2002 against Katherine Harris. Percy's owner, Wayne Genther, a Florida charter boat Captain wanted to focus attention on the injustices of campaign finance in American politics. Percy ran as a compassionate conservative with a campaign slogan that read "Never made a mess in the House, never will." I think the world would be a better place if there were at least one canine in each politician's office. I know I make better decisions when I let my dogs influence me.

In an effort to keep this blog balanced, I'm searching for more positive stories about your canines. They can be funny, poignant or just plain weird. Send them to me. If they keep coming, I'll make it a regular feature.