Monday, September 15, 2008

Barks and Whines From Dame Dog

I'm new to blogging, but learning quickly that the foxes of the blogworld are very sly indeed. Previously, I have published responses that seemed sincere, but in reality were product promotions. Recently, I received a response that sent up a red flag, but I couldn't track it because it was posted anonymously. I have never wanted this blog to be littered by commercials. I set up the blog so that reader's responses must be approved by me before they are published. That way I could omit the ones I felt were ads. So, I have two choices. I can eliminate the feature that allows people to post anonymously, or I can stop posting responses that have any kind of link in them. The first choice would hinder readers who want to publish, but are shy about using a name. So, I'm going with the second. If you have a link attached to your response, it won't be published here. If there's a non profit link that you want the readers to know about, email me and tell me about it.

I apologize for this week's slim pickings. I'm in charge of a family reunion which is looming large on the near horizon. That will be over in mid October, and hopefully, life will settle down around here. But my lack of time to dedicate to the blog for the next couple weeks, brings up an issue. When, I started this blog, I had no idea the amount of time I would end up devoting to it. Nor how it would get under my skin. Sometimes, I wish I had nothing else on my schedule, so that I could make it a more worthwhile site. There are so many groups out there that deserve to be talked about; so many inspiring stories about rescue work and dogs who have survived despite their terrible fates. Unfortunately, instead of finding more time in my schedule for the blog, I'm facing more demands on my time. I don't want the blog to become stagnate. So, I'm tossing an idea out to readers. I'd like to find feature writers to contribute to this site. Articles can range from personal experience to current events to topics and research, but all should be pertinent to the people who rescue Florida dogs. If you are interested in participating in this project, email me and let me know what type of stories you'd like to do. I'll let readers know by the end of the year, about the results of this effort.