Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Valentine Rescue Tale






"Here's a few pictures of my dog. I found her running in traffic on a busy L.A. street. She was scared and tired and hungry and completely un-approachable. (very aggressive) It took me an hour-and-a-half to get a leash on her. In that moment her whole personality changed. As soon as she felt the leash she instantly became the most affectionate, loyal, obedient dog I've ever seen. She's still rough around the edges though.--very unpredictable with strangers. So we're working on that.I got a camper trailer so she can go on the road with me. We just got back from the Superbowl in Phoenix. "

That was an email I received from David, my sweetheart of a cousin in California, a couple weeks ago. He's a cameraman and travels much of the time from one photo shoot to the next. He used to travel by plane or rental car, but that's all changed thanks to the new girl in his life. He named her Switch and he'll be seeing alot more of the country from the road. His last email said that he's read 22 books on dog behavior! He's determined to learn all he can to help Switch live a happy, well adjusted life.